The Indian Army is extensively large worldwide. The Indian Army protects the country from outer attack, internal dangers and maintains unity and defence along the borders. Country Security and National Unity are the main objectives. In this article, we have mentioned all the details about how you can join Indian Army.
Indian Army is a crucial pillar of federal courage besides the Indian Air force and navy. They are accountable for territory-based military undertakings. A candidate must have great leadership skills, loyalty towards work should have speed in decisions making, effective intelligence, determination, catering, courage.
Indian Army is amongst the most honoured armies worldwide and is recognized for its great standards of job and practice. Getting selected in the Indian Army is a great achievement. Soldiers, officers, nurses, judges, engineers are the post included in the Indian Army.
How to Join Indian Army?
Class 10 qualified candidates :
- Anybody willing to join the Indian Army can go for Soldier General Duty. Education qualification required is 45% in class 10 and the age limit is 17.5 to 21 years.
- Candidates are selected for the position by passing in medical fitness, tests, and achievement in the written exams.
Class 12 qualified candidates
For joining in as officers
To join Indian Army as an officer you have to fulfil some guidelines.
- Candidates who passed out class 12 can apply for the Indian army via NDA i.e. National Defence Academy.
- Training of 3 years at NDA and one-year training at IMA will be given to candidates to enter the Indian Army.
- Also, the candidate will be selected in NDA by qualifying for an entrance exam. And then the candidate will be contacted for an SSB interview and medical examination.
- Finally, the candidates have selected on the overall performance i.e. NDA entrance exam, SSB interview, and medical examination.
For joining as a soldier
- 12 passed out students between the age of 17.5-23 years can furthermore join Soldier Technical, Clerk, Nursing Assistant, Storekeeper Technical.
- A written exam is taken and the candidate should qualify for the exam to participate in further rounds.
- After qualifying for the written exam the candidate is called for fitness examinations and medical gets.
How to apply for the Indian army?
To apply for the Indian Army,
- Go to https://joinindianarmy.nic.in/
- Click on apply or login on the new page and begin enrolling
- Enter every detail given in the application form.
- Submit the form and printout two copies of the form. Get the printout form approved and stick two passport size photos verified by Gazetted officer.
- Take original and two attested photocopies of the important documents i.e. 10th, 12th certificate, Degree and mark sheets of B.E/B.Tech to the Selection centre. The second printout of the application is to be kept with the candidate for reference.
- All the original certificates will be given back after inquiry.
- The application will be cancelled if the nominee doesn’t take the printout application and important documents with them for the interview. False information filled will also lead to cancellation. If any candidate applies the online form two times, then the application of the candidate will be cancelled.
Documents required to join Indian Army:
The documents required to join the Indian army are:• 10th and 12th mark sheet by the education board.
- Residence Certificate.
- Caste certificate
- Religion Certificate handed out by the authorized state government officer or SDM or Tehsildar.
- SCC i.e. School character certificate granted by the respective schools.
- Relationship Certificate (it’s needed if family members are in the Indian army)
Sports Certificate (if represented at any levels)
- NCC certificate.
Salary of the Indian Army
It is the largest department of the Indian Armed forces and is accountable for territory-based military undertakings. The salary of the Indian Army counts on the grade of the person carrying a post and rank on the Army. Protecting the nation from other country threats, the Indian army relishes the bonuses along with the salary.
- Sepoy -25,000
- Lance Nail-30000
- Naik- 35,000
- Naib Subedar- 45,000
- Subedar- 50,000
- Subedar Major- 65,000
- Lieutenant- 68,000
- Captain- 75,000
- Major- 1,00,000
- Lieutenant Colonel- 1,12,000
- Colonel -1,30,000
- Brigadier – 1,32,000
- Major General – 70,000
- Lieutenant General – 67,000
Allowances to Indian Army
Apart from the salary the Indian Army also enjoys allowances. So, let’s have a look at the allowances given to them:
Conveyance Allowances, Lifelong Pensions, Sheltering Allowances, Field Area Allowances, Equipment Maintenance, Special Forces, Two months annual leave, Twenty days Casual leave.
Lower rate of loan interest, Canteen Facilities, Rations, Travel Concession, Free Hospital Facilities.
Eligibility to join Indian Army
Indian Army’s job is reputable and respectable. Irrespective of caste, class, religion, anyone can go for the Indian army. There is some eligibility to join the Indian Army that should be met by the candidate.
A candidate must have 17 years age minimum to be eligible to join the Indian Army
A candidate must pass SSLC/10+2 with 45% contained totally and 33% in every subject. If a candidate has a higher qualification, then no minimum % is required.
Medical Fitness Requirements
The candidate who wishes to join Indian Army should have decent bodily and mental health. The candidate must not have any disease or disability. The eligible height to join Indian Army for a male is 157.5cms and for a female is 152cms. The candidate should have a healthy chest.
The Chest size must be 5cms. The candidate must have a clear vision. Must be able to look over 6/6 in a distant illusion table. There should not be any eye disease. Should have decent binocular vision And must be able to recognize green and red colours.
For further details about medical fitness certificate: click here