A character certificate similarly recognized as by the name of Police Clearance Certificate is a statement handed out by an administration, cops, or by the institution in which the candidate was earlier. It states that the candidate does not carry any illegal activities and also doesn’t have a poor record in their earlier institutions.
This certificate is crucial to submit at the time when a candidate is intending to do their study in another country, or when applying for a job as the institution or company wants to learn regarding your background records.
The validity of Character certificate is generally 6 months. Still, the validity can differ relying on the organization or institutions and it’s regulations. Few organizations accept the certificate that should not be older than three months.
Character certificate format differs based on issuing institutions. Nonetheless, every character certificates express that the candidate does not carry any type of illegal things for the period prescribed by the council.
Documents required for character certificate:
- A recent photo of passport size
- Migration certificate of School/College
- Pan Card, Election Card, Aadhar Card.
- Passport, Driving License.
- Student Card.
- Written name on White paper.
- Self-verified insurance Bond.
- Letter from Company
- Birth Certificate
- Application to Commissioner
- Recent electricity and telephone bill (of candidate’s name)
- Note from Society
- Certificate of SSC/HSC Board
How to apply for Character Certificate Online?
Several state governments have given the facility of applying for character certificate online through portals. Anyone who wants the CC can open the portal and apply for the certificate. It also includes some fees which have to be paid at the time of applying. We have discussed below the steps for applying online:
- Login to the CC portal of your particular state.
- If you haven’t enrolled then register yourself.
- Then, fill in the mandatory details such as name, birth date, gender, and many more.
- Further, log in to your account on the candidate portal.
- Select CC requests given in the Citizen Services section.
- Upload a picture of your administration-issued ID.
- And lastly, click on Submit. You will get your CC in 2 weeks. Open the portal and download it.
How to apply offline?
- For getting a police CC to go through the steps discussed below:
- Firstly, go to your closest branch of the DPO Security office.
- Request the office for police CC and then they will provide you with a form
- Fill the form and along with the necessary documents and submit it. They will then put a stamp on the application and then you will have to take this application along with you to your close police office.
- Lastly, you will have to take your application again to the Security Branch Office.
- Then, you will get the certificate in three working days.
For students, while taking admission in a school or college this certificate is needed. A student is expected to give this at the time to validate his decent behaviour in the earlier times. It is set the rule by the educational institutions that are mandatory to be followed by every student. Therefore, it is crucial to submit this certificate.
Frequently asked Questions
Explain the reason for a character certificate?
This is brought in use to verify the behaviour of a person in society, company, Institute, or any other organization. It is issued by an authorized individual demonstrating the person’s character in the course of an institution or any employment.
- Explain in brief the Importance of Character certificate.
This is among the crucial papers needed for admission in school, for studying abroad, or for employment as it shows the behaviour of the candidate.
When it is needed?
It is also needed in the immigration method to track the criminals or offensive elements. And at few times, a CC handed out by the Police is needed to avoid a person with an offensive record from immigrating the organization.
Who can issue a Character certificate?
This certificate is issued by officers: Collector, Police Officer, IAS officer, College’s Principal, Doctor, State Government, Research in assistance with the government, MLA, MP, Scientist in service, OAS officer, and many more.
What are the Uses of character certificate?
Fresh employers want Freshers candidates to provide CC from their earlier employers. This is generally performed to evaluate the employee’s behaviour in their earlier working place. Police generally give a CC for the objective of immigration. In business, it guarantees that the candidate will perform outstanding job conduct.