The term Encumbrance implies any kind of liabilities in the way of loan or mortgage in opposition to the estate yet to be cleared. An encumbrance certificate works as proof that there are no monetary and legal penalties on the property. It is extremely crucial to confirm before purchasing a flat, house, or plot. EC is proof that the estate can be auctioned like an unrestricted title and you will be able to possess it without any related burden.
Documents required for the Encumbrance Certificate.
The following documents listed below are required for the Encumbrance Certificate:
- Certified copy of address confirmation.
- A xerox of any once implemented contract of the declared estate for instance gift deeds, release deeds, sale deeds, and many more.
- Aadhar card.
- Property details.
- The enrolled agreement date, number, volume/CD number, and written name of the candidate must be attached along with it.
- The time for which Encumbrance certificate is needed.
- The reason for applying for the Encumbrance certificate.
- In the circumstance application is prepared by the attorney owner, then a xerox of Power of Attorney is needed.
- And lastly, if the property card is ready.
How to get an encumbrance certificate?
EC can be received both online and offline, it varies from state to state. In a few states, there is a facility for getting EC online. And in some states, reach to Sub-Registrar office.
How to apply online for encumbrance certificate:
Discussed below is the procedure for online EC.
- Firstly, visit the authorized website of the specific state’s estate enrollment portal and select the Apply EC option.
- Enter username and password and then type the captcha code and then login.
- Click on Register, in case you have not enrolled and now you will be turned to a fresh page and there fill the necessary information and proceed with clicking save/update. Furthermore, fill in The time for which the Encumbrance certificate is needed and thus go to evaluate the fee.
- The browser will be turned to the Acceptance area. As you will go to “view acknowledgement” then you can print it. The details entered by you in the application and details of the particular estate will be checked by the inspector from the land title.
- As soon as the inquiry is finalized, an encumbrance certificate will be handed out with every agreement made in the concerned time.
How to apply for Encumbrance certificate offline?
- Firstly, Visit the Sub-Registrar office.
- Ask for Form22 and complete the form by filling in data such as buyer and seller’s name, property information, and many more present there and then submit it.
- At the time of submitting the form, pay the fee.
- You will get an acknowledgement or consideration number. With the help of this number, you can check the status of your EC application on the website.
What are the things mentioned in the Encumbrance certificate?
Every deal about the estate that the Registrar has listed will be noticed and crucial data will be mentioned in the EC. The EC generally relates to a particular time and agreements related to that time alone will be deemed. The next crucial deliberation is that the certificate will show just those agreements and papers that are enrolled with the department. Testamentary documents and temporary lease agreements are specific statements that are not enrolled under the law and thus are eliminated from the status of the agreements listed in the sub-registrar department.
Frequently asked questions
In how many days, does the Encumbrance Certificate get prepared?
The time for preparation of EC varies from state to state as every state carries its procedure. But, in common, If you are getting your application with the help of the Sub-Registrar’s office, thus the preparation of your EC will be completed in 15-30 days. While in the online application the process gets completed in 3-4 days.
How to check the status of the Encumbrance Certificate?
Visit the authorized website of the particular state to browse the status of the Encumbrance Certificate and trace your EC according to the update on the website.
Read About: OBC Certificate – online form to apply
What are the types of EC?
Encumbrance Certificates are of two types i.e Form 15 and Form 16.
- Form 15: The sub-registrar prepares the EC on Form 15, in the case a property carries any hindrances throughout the time for which the candidate has got an EC.
- Form 16: The sub-registrar prepares nil- EC on Form 16, in the case an estate has not enrolled any hindrances throughout the time for which the candidate has got an EC.
Does the EC assure that the property is complication-free?
EC is an important paper that enables customers to obtain the details they want with concern to an estate’s legal or financial situation. A customer should be aware of the evidence that not every data and modification of hand of an estate may be enrolled in reports of government. If a deal is not done privately without adequate enrollment, then the EC which Sub-Registrar prepared will not indicate that detail.