A felicitation ceremony is organized to congratulate every individual, company, or group of people for their achievement. The ceremony is well organized with synchronized programs and speeches and in that, a speech is prepared to honor the deservings and that’s known as felicitation speech.
The speech applauds the success of a person, a community, or an institution publicly. Those people are being publicly appreciated by a speech that focuses on the achievement earned by them. This speech needs some time to get ready as the life circumstances, thoughts, efforts, dedication of the person being facilitated has to be mentioned in the speech so that the audiences can know about the journey of the honoree.
Things to Remember before felicitation speech:
- Write the content of the speech in bullet points instead of writing in paragraphs because it will be easier to keep in mind the sequence of the speech.
- Practice very well for the speech, practice the facial expressions you’re going eep while delivering the speech. Practice the gestures.
- Present the speech in a way that grabs the audience’s attention. The content should contain the hard work, dedication, impressions of the honouree.
For delivering the felicitation speech, know these things:
- Don’t mug up the speech before delivering. Just remember the short term that will help you know what you have to tell. By Remembering the headline you will be able to tell the entire things about the person, his/her achievement, hard work, and so on.
- While delivering the speech, if you get anxious then take a step forward or back to comfort your anxiety and focus on the speech.
- Express your excitement. Everybody present there should realize the happiness you are getting as you speak.
- Select the song, image, theme that apprehend the nature of the individual, institution, or team that are being honored and try to make it the focus. This will make the audience remember your speech for a long. Add something cheerful things that will keep the audience awake to listen to your speech.
- Don’t forget to add a story to your speech. Tell stories that depict the explanation of the honoree being awarded.
- At the end of the speech, tell something motivating by giving the illustration of the person, group being honored so that the audience gets encouraged to do something. And give good wishes to the honored.
Some of the felicitation speech format:
At cultural carnival
Very good morning to the Respected chief guest, all the faculty, participants and everyone present here.
I am standing here before you to welcome and wish good luck to every partaker of this fest. Through this competition, many talents are coming out and students can identify their skills. Also, the college is getting forward in sports and cultural activities through such fests. Our principal and faculty have worked hard to set up an event at the national level for students.
Whosoever wins, but it’s a compliment to every participant who took the courage and prepared well to participate in this event. This competition will surely give rise to more confidence in you and encourage you to participate in every field. The cooperation and coordination in every participant and organizer are highly appreciated.
Last but not the least, I would like to wish everyone present here to have a memorable time today of this fest. So, let’s begin the show
A felicitation Speech for the student at college or school.
Good morning/evening to everyone present here. Today, we have assembled here to honor our laborious students who have achieved best in the college/ school and at the district, state level.
The hard work and dedication of students towards their studies have brought them here to get felicitated. It’s an honor for them as well as for their parents. On behalf of the college, I would like to congratulate every student who scored the best through every thick and thin in their life. These students are the future leaders and every young child should learn and take ideas from them to study hard and succeed for their brighter future.
Lastly, I would like to pray and wish each one of you the very best for the success ahead.
A felicitation speech on the retirement of the teacher.
Serving for the best of society comes back in an unexpectedly positive way. A very good morning/afternoon/evening to everyone present here. Our respected principal and honorable MR/MRS/MISS______.
I feel very privileged today to felicitate a speech for our beloved, respected MR/MISS/MRS___. Loved by every student, faculties and staff member, our lovable teacher has marked a great journey in this institution and today is the day when we have to bid farewell to her/him from this institution.
In this field, she has worked so hard for us with great devotion. The epitome of simplicity praised for her/his selfless service in this institution, he/she has looked equally upon everyone. It is my pleasure to describe his/her excellent nature and caring behavior.
You’ll always be an inspiration to every student, teacher because of your dedication to our school/college. You’re leaving this institution today, but your impression will always be in our heart and you’ll be missed by each one of us. There are endless words for you and we’ll be forever grateful to you. So, I wish you the best for your future.
Also read: How to get experience certificate in 2021