Minority scholarship are for the economically weaker section of the minority community. The Organization of Welfare of Minorities has created this scholarship program Under the Ministry of Welfare by the Government of India. The purpose of this scholarship is to give special treatment to the students who are not able to manage their funds for their education because they belong to the minority community and they are facing poverty all the time.
The latest information revised in National Scholarship Portal, the last date to fill the form for the post-matric scholarship program has been extended to 30th Sep 2022. The last date for Defective Verification and Institute Verification has also been extended to 16th October 2022.
List Of Minority scholarship:-
The following scholarships are provided to minorities by the Government of India: –
Central Funded Scholarships: –
- Post matric Minority scholarship.
- Pre-matric Minority scholarship.
- Merit cum means scholarship scheme for Professional and Technical courses.
|Scholarship||Last Date to apply||Last Date for Defective verification.||Last Date for Institute Verification.|
|Pre-matric minority scholarship||30th Sep 2022||16th Oct 2022||16th Oct 2022|
|Post matric minority scholarship||31st Oct 2022||15th Nov 2022||15th Nov 2022|
|Merit Cum means a scholarship scheme for technical and professional courses||31st Oct 2022||15th Nov 2022||15th Nov 2022|
Eligibility Criteria: –
Below are a few criteria to apply for the minority scholarship: –
- The student must be going to college, school, and university to participate in this scheme.
- The annual income of the parents should not be more than Rs 1,00,000 to Rs 2,00,000.
- He/She must be below the poverty line (BPL) category.
- The candidate must be a meritorious student to participate in the minority scholarship scheme.
- The motive of this scheme is to encourage girl students to be educated in minority communities.
- Applicants participating in this scheme should be in 10th standard or above that.
- In this, the students studying in non-government and government educational institutions must score more than 50% marks in the last year.
- The Post Matric Scholarship Scheme is given to the students from class XI to Ph.D.
Candidates are requested to have the following documents to apply for the Minority scholarship: –
- Self-attested certificate of earlier class mark sheet and certificate of study is required.
- A Caste and income certificate are required.
- A community certificate is needed.
- Should have Aadhar Card.
- Student Photograph and Institute union verification forms are required.
- Fee receipt of the current course year is needed.
Minority Scholarship Rewards Details: –
The following rewards will be given to the candidates in the minority scholarship: –
1. Pre-Matric Scholarship Scheme: –
The scholarship at the pre-matric school to school, this scholarship lightens up social difficulties in school education and strengthens their efforts to support their kids to finish their school education. The Scholarship is granted to students from classes 1 to 10.
|1. Admission and Tuition fee.||• Admission will be INR 500 per annum for both hostellers and day scholars of classes 6 to 10.|
|• Tuition fee Will be INR 350 per month for both day scholars and hostellers of classes 6 to 10.|
|2. Maintenance allowance|| • INR 100 per month for a day scholars and hostellers from classes 1 to 5.|
INR 600 per month for hostellers from classes 6 to 10.
And days scholars the INR is 100 per month.
2. Post-Matric Scholarship Scheme:
The scholarship of this scheme is to award scholarships to excellent and meritorious students referring to economically weaker sections of minority communities to empower them with better opportunities for their higher education, increase their rate of attainment in higher education, and enhance their employability. The Scholarship is to be awarded to higher secondary colleges, schools, and universities.
|1. Tuition fee and admission||For classes 11 and 12 the admission and tuition fee will be 7000 per month for both day scholars and hostellers.|
|3. Maintenance Allowance.||For classes 11 and 12 including vocational courses and technical courses, the INR will be 380 per month for the hosteller and INR 230 per month for the day scholar.|
3. Merit-cum-Means Scholarship: –
The Scholarship at Merit cum is to give financial assistance to the needy and meritorious students who are belonging to minority communities to encourage them to pursue technical courses and professional courses.
|1. Maintenance Allowance.||For both day scholars and hostellers are you 20,000 per annum subject to actual whichever is less between both?|
|2. Scholars for listed institutes||For 85 listed institutes there is a complete course fee imbursed.|
Selection Criteria: –
The applicant will complete based upon the following selection criteria: –
- Based on the financial status the officials will shortlist the aspirants for the scholarship.
- The scholarship committee will examine the applications of the candidates and shortlist those who are meeting the requirements for each scholarship.
- In case of each candidate has similar income, the officials will choose the older candidate for the scholarship.
- The officials will provide a merit list based on the earnings of the aspirant’s family to convey the result of the scholarship.
- On completion of the selection, the candidates will get the reward as specified for each scholarship.
- The officials will set aside 30% of the scholarship for students of every minority community.
- The officials will transfer the scholarship in the concerned state or union territory of male students in case of the non-availability of female students.
- Students living in a particular state or union territory will be eligible for the scholarship under the UT respective of their place of study or the state quota.
Minority Scholarship Application Process: –
- To respective the scholarship students will have to follow the simple process: –
- Go to the official website of the National Scholarship.
- You have to register your state by entering the credentials at the official website of the national scholarship portal
- Click on the option named will Registration
- The registration form will come up on the screen.
- You have to enter all of your personal information correctly regarding your academic qualifications.
- Upload all of the documents.
- Now Successfully, register yourself.
- Now you can log in using your credentials (id and password) and apply for this scholarship.
To Log in for Fresh Application: –
- Open the National Scholarship portal.
- The homepage will appear.
- Tap on the Login option.
- A new application form will open to log in for Fresh Application.
- Enter the details like password and application id.
To log in for School or Institute: –
- Open the National Scholarship Portal.
- The homepage will appear.
- Click on the option named Institute Login.
- A new login form will appear on the screen.
To Track Application Status: –
- Open the National Scholarship Portal.
- The homepage will open.
- Tap on the Login option.
- Select the Renewal or Fresh Login option.
- Login with the credentials successfully.
- Now Tap on the Track Application Status option.
- Enter the id and tap on the Track option.
- At last, The status will appear on the screen.
To Review NSP Beneficiary List: –
- Go to the official website of the NSP.
- The homepage of NSP will appear on the screen.
- Tap on the New Registration option.
- A new page will open on the screen.
- Now you have to choose the Sanctioned list option Scheme Wise
- A new application form will be shown.
- Select the state, ministry, scholarship type, and other details.
- After the homepage the details tap on the submit option.
The candidates can renew their scholarship by the following renewal process: –
- Aspirants must renew the awarded scholarship every year.
- To renew the scholarship the students must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks in the previous year’s examination to renew the scholarship.
- The merit list is not released for renewal cases by the officials.
Important Points for Renewal Applicants: –
After the completion of the course, you cannot apply for renewal: –
- The Renewal applicants should not fill as fresh applications, otherwise, it might lead to the cancellation of the application.
- While revising mobile numbers, the information should be an exact match as the fresh applicant must be provided.
- Once Mobile numbers are updated, they will not be changed again.
Frequently Asked Questions: –
Q.1 How many aggregate marks are required for the Minority scholarship program?
Ans: To be eligible for the Minority scholarship program you need a minimum of 50% in the previous examination.
Q.2 Does OBC comes under minority?
Ans: OBC does not come under the minority.
Q.3 Can a student apply for a scholarship in the second year of graduation?
Ans: Yes, the student can apply for the scholarship in the second year of graduation based on their marks in the 12th standard.
The government introduced several programs in the previous months to financially help these minority children. The scholarships support education in Science, Arts, Pharmacy, Technology, and skill-based courses. The Indian government has spent more than INR 5020 crores on these minority scholarship schemes.
The goal of this scholarship is to help deserving students from disadvantaged groups. By enrolling in this program, parents’ burden gets lightened. This Article provides comprehensive information on the Minority scholarship, including its Eligibility Criteria, Types, process, grants and benefits, renewal, selection criteria, and many more.