During the covid-9 phase, work from home became the new standard, and office hallways were deserted. Many kids have either lost one of their parents or both. The HDFC scholarship is a component of “Parivartan,” the name given to HDFC’s overall social responsibility initiative. As part of its flagship initiative, the Educational Crisis Scholarship, HDFC Bank, India’s top bank and financial services provider, has launched this scholarship.
Students in the first grade to those enrolled in UG and PG studies are eligible for the scholarship program. Students who are at risk of dropping out and are unable to pay for their education owing to a personal problem or any other financial issues are given up to INR 75,000 for their studies.
The objective of the HDFC scholarship
Through the HDFC scholarship, the authorities want to help students who are struggling financially and emotionally with their educational demands. Every bit of the bank’s 9 crore rupee total corpus will be used for the benefit of the pupils. This scholarship will guarantee that the neediest students receive assistance because it is open to students studying at any level. The likelihood of cases dropping out will be reduced, and the organization will be able to improve society.
Types Of Scholarship
The Scholarships are as follows:-
- HDFC Scholarship in School Programme (Merit-Cum-Means Based)
- HDFC Scholarship Beyond School Programme (Merit-Cum-Means Based)
- HDFC Bank Scholarship Professional Education Programme (Merit-Cum-Means Based)
- HDFC Bank Scholarship in School Programme (Need-Based)
- HDFC Bank Scholarship Beyond School Programme (Need-Based)
- HDFC Scholarship Professional Education Programme (Need-Based)
Features of HDFC Bank Parivartan Scholarship Program
The HDFC scholarship program has the following features: –
- The scholarship will assist students who lost either earning parents or both parents during Covid-19.
- The HDFC Bank’s “Parivartan” Project includes this scholarship.
- Any student may apply for this scholarship, up to and including the postgraduate level.
- Up to Rs. 75,000 in financial aid is available to students to help with their tuition costs.
- The authorities intend to invest a total of 9 crores rupees in this project.
- A total of about 3200 students will benefit from this scholarship program. It will encompass around 1800 students in grades 1 through 12, as well as 1400 in diploma, graduating, and postgraduate programs.
- Through a safe online transfer, the funds will be immediately transferred into the beneficiary’s bank account.
Scholarship 2022 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility requirements depend on the numerous types of students that are eligible to apply for the program. The following requirements must be met, though, or your application will be rejected. Read the information below to make sure you qualify before applying for the HDFC Bank Parivartan Scholarship.
These students are eligible to apply for the program:
- Students who are studying in public, private, or government-aided schools for grades 1 through 12.
- the student who has registered for general and graduate-level courses at accredited colleges or institutions. Or, BCom, BSc, BA, BCA, BTech, MBBS, LLB, B Arch, Nursing, etc.
- If you chose to enroll in a diploma program after finishing grades 10 or 12, then you can also apply.
- Post Graduation students can also apply for this scholarship.
- The students must be Indian citizens.
- Additionally, the student’s final test grade from the previous class must have been at least 55%.
- The income must be less than Rs. 2,50,00/- per year.
HDFC Scholarship Application Form Required Documents
The following documentation must be kept on hand by students to apply for the HDFC Scholarship 2022:
- Passport size photograph of the student
- Passing Certificate and Previous year Mark Sheet.
- Aadhar Card or any other government-issued photo identification card.
- Proof of admission for the current term.
- Student’s Bank Account
- Proof of Family’s Annual Income.
- Death of a family member who was employed: Death Certificate
- Job loss in the family: A letter from the company informing the individual that they have lost their job
- Self-employment failure: A notarized statement stating your failure in business
- Expenditure for medical care or a serious disease – A doctor’s diagnosis or prescription
- Covid-19 affected—Covid-19 test results or any other documentation demonstrating that the subject has the condition
- Natural disasters: A government document stating that a person has been impacted by a natural disaster.
How to Apply for the HDFC Bank Parivartan’s ECS Scholarship?
Here we have discussed the steps to apply for the HDFC scholarship online.
- Firstly, visit the official website of the HDFC scholarship.
- Second, scroll down and select the “View All Scholarship” button in blue.
- Third, select the “HDFC Bank Parivartan’s ECS Scholarship 2022–23” under the “Featured Scholarship” area.
- The HDFC Educational Crisis Scholarship 2022 official page will then open immediately after that. Press the “Apply” button.
- Then click on the “Register” on the login pop-up window.
- Now, fill out the required information and press the “Register” button to finish the registration process.
- After that, complete the application and upload all the needed paperwork.
- Lastly, submit the form and print a copy of it to finish the application process.
Scholarship Amount :
- For classes 1 to 6 – INR 15,000
- For classes 7 to 12 – INR 18,000
- For diploma courses – Rs 20,000
- For general undergraduate courses (BA, BCom, BCA, BSc, and more)– Rs 30,000
- For professional undergraduate courses (LLB, BTech, MBBS, BArch, and more) – Rs 50,000
- For general postgraduate courses (MCom, MA, MCA, MSc, and others)– Rs 35,000
- For professional postgraduate courses (MTech, MBA)– Rs 75,000
The HDFC Bank Parivartan ECS scholarship selection process consists of several steps. The sponsors grant merit-based and need-based scholarships to eligible students. The selection procedure is as follows:
Candidates will be shortlisted based on their financial income and education percentage.
After a round of telephone interviews with the shortlisted candidates, a final decision will be made.
The utilization of Scholarship Amount
Candidates may only use the scholarship money to pay the following educational costs:
- Non-Refundable Expenses for paying the institution’s tuition.
- lodging costs, such as hostel fees or others
- Expenses for food
- Internet access is required for online class study.
- Electronic devices such as mobile, laptops, and computers for online classes.
- Books and stationery
- Other Expenses related to studies can also be included.
How to check the HDFC Scholarship Result?
- Visit the corporate website. The home page will appear.
- Go to the HDFC scholarship option from the website’s home page now. A new page will open.
- You must now select the Check Result option next to the scholarship program you want to apply to.
- See the Result of HDFC Scholarships
- On the screen, a list of each applicant chosen for the scholarship will appear.
Points to remember
- Be sure you are eligible before applying for the scholarship.
- You must have a registered mobile number that is current, active, and valid.
- You must have a working email address.
- Fill out the application before the deadline date.
- Before applying for the scholarship, have all the necessary paperwork ready.
- For the submission of application forms, prefer utilizing a laptop or a desktop.
- Do not fill out the scholarship application on a mobile device.
- Before submitting the completed form, please review the details
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q1. What would be a Parivartan ECS?
Ans. An ECS circumstance for a Parivartan is one of the following:
- The incident of an unexpected event that has put the student or family in a situation to ask for help
- Unexpected job loss
- Parents’ sudden separation or death
- Siblings’ deaths due to an accident
- The sudden onset of a severe or fatal illness
Q2. What will the student’s scholarship amount be?
Ans. The annual academic fee for school students is limited to Rs. 10,000 and Rs. 25,000 for chosen college/university students.
Q3. When will payment be sent?
Ans. After the submission of the application, the candidates will be selected, and then to verify the scholarship, the branch will get in touch with the chosen students, schools, colleges, and institutions. You won’t be notified if you aren’t given a scholarship.
Q4. Is this scholarship available to students nationwide?
Ans. Yes, practically all students are eligible for the award. To find out who is eligible for this scholarship and who is not, please read the eligibility criteria.
Q5. Will this scholarship be offered for subsequent academic years?
Ans. Yes. According to the following requirements for subsequent eligibility, the scholars must provide academic information and supporting documentation through an online scholar monitoring system:
- Proof of continued education in the next year with a minimum grade point average of 60% (or 50% for students with disabilities)
- Academic year’s receipt for tuition payments
- No disciplinary issues.
The government introduced several programs in the previous months to financially help these kids. HDFC bank initiated the HDFC scholarship for the students impacted by Covid-19. The goal of the HDFC scholarship is to aid deserving students from disadvantaged socioeconomic groups. By enrolling in this program, candidates whose parents died due to the Covid-19 virus can seek financial assistance for school costs. Hope you got all the details about the HDFC scholarship.